Friday 27 May 2011

Merry-Go-Round - Visual Inspiration

Jump on our merry go round and join a group of artists/crafts-women from around the world as they link hands and tell you a little bit about their lives in craft.
Do look up the answers from the rest of this band of crafters (links to your left).
If they haven't all posted yet, remember we all live in different time zones and check again later...
This month:
A photo that inspires you.


This photo inspires me in that it is the positive I get out of a not so pleasant time.


As you can see, it tells of movement, speed, travel.

It was taken from a train, on one of the several trips I've had to take over the past four weeks. Because of a mix of professional and personal obligations, this has been a very busy month, both at home and elsewhere. And not in a creative way, I'm afraid.
Actually, I'm on my way again this afternoon, and then again on Tuesday (flying off to Edinburgh for a few days) for the only one among those trips that I have looked forward to a little bit, if only because I chose to go, as opposed to being made to... There'll be one more train trip, And then I really look forward to a quiet, creative summer, mostly at home...

The reason why I like this photo, is that I can sit back and look at the movement and all that green. A bit like when I'm on the train. I find it soothing. I enjoy being in transit. It's all the bother before and after that I mind...

I'll try to take a photo from the plane too!

PS: I also have True Blood, 3 rd season, and Mad Men, 4th season, to go home to! Just so you know how much I long for some quiet here...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe journey wherever you go, hopefully even when you are on a move, you will find a quiet place to renew your energy before the summer comes.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe journey wherever you go, hopefully even when you are on a move, you will find a quiet place to renew your energy before the summer comes.

Anonymous said...

I love travelling bybtrain as you can do other things . Hope you will come in calmer times soon!!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I love going by train if it's for pleasure! I love the movement in your picture. Enjoy your peace and quiet when it's there & safe travels! :)

painted fish studio said...

zooom! i love the landscape buzzing by... life is too short to stand still!